About MATLAB and Simulink
MATLAB, the language of technical computing, is a programming environment for algorithm development, data analysis, visualization, and numeric computation. Simulink is a graphical environment for simulation and Model-Based Design of multidomain dynamic and embedded systems. MathWorks produces nearly 100 additional products for specialized tasks such as data analysis and image processing.
Products Available on Campus
MATLAB, Simulink, and add-on products are available through our TAH campus-wide license. Application areas include:
- Aerospace Blockset
- Aerospace Toolbox
- Bioinformatics Toolbox
- Communications System Toolbox
- Computer Vision System Toolbox
- Control System Toolbox
- Curve Fitting Toolbox
- DSP System Toolbox
- Data Acquisition Toolbox
- Embedded Coder
- Filter Design HDL Coder
- Financial Toolbox
- Fixed-Point Designer
- Fuzzy Logic Toolbox
- Global Optimization Toolbox
- HDL Coder
- HDL Verifier
- Image Acquisition Toolbox
- Image Processing Toolbox
- RF Toolbox
- Robotics System Toolbox
- Signal Processing Toolbox
- Simscape Electronics
- Simscape Multibody
- Simscape Power Systems
- Simulink 3D Animation
- Simulink Coder
- Simulink Control Design
- Simulink Design Optimization
- Simulink_Desktop Real Time
- Simulink Real Time
- Spreadsheet Link
- Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
- Symbolic Math Toolbox
- System Identification Toolbox
- Vehicle Network Toolbox
- Vision HDL Toolbox
- WLAN System Toolbox
- Wavelet Toolbox
- Parallel Computing Toolbox
- Partial Differential Equation Toolbox
- Instrument Control Toolbox
- LTE System Toolbox
- MATLAB Coder
- MATLAB Compiler
- MATLAB Compiler SDK
- Mapping Toolbox
- Neural Network Toolbox
- OPC Toolbox
- Optimization Toolbox
- Phased Array System Toolbox
Create your Mathworks Account and
Associate the Activation Key
- Create a MathWorks Account using your university email address: http://mathworks.com/accesslogin/createProfile.do.
- Go to the License Center: http://mathworks.com/licensecenter.
- Click Add License in the upper right hand corner.
- Choose Associate by Activation Key and click Continue.
- When prompted to do so, enter the Activation Key that your administrator gave you. (Request your activation key from your Administrator)
- Go to: http://mathworks.com/downloads/web_downloads/select_release
- Click the download button for the current release.
- Click the installer button to download the installer.
- Locate the installer you downloaded in a file browser. It should be located in the default download location, unless you specified another location. The name of the installer file is:
- Windows: matlab_ _win64.exe
- Mac OS X: matlab_ _maci64.zip Where represents the release number.
- Start the installer:
- Windows: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. The Windows Self-Extractor runs, and then the installer starts.
- Mac OS X: Double-click the installer file you downloaded in the previous step. This action extracts the files and creates another folder called matlab_ _maci64, where represents the release number. Inside this folder, double-click InstallForMacOSX to start the installer.
- In the MathWorks installer, select Log in with a MathWorks Account and follow the online instructions.
- When prompted to do so, select the license you want to use.
- Select the products you want to download and install.
- After downloading and installing your products, keep the Activate MATLAB checkbox selected and click Next.
Getting Started: Learn About Capabilities and Using the Software
Use the TAH Resource Kit to find tutorials, webinars, teaching materials, books, and more to help you use MATLAB and Simulink. When you access these resources from the resource kit, you bypass registration forms.
Learn More About MathWorks
Find more resources for students and educators
MathWorks in Academia
Access MATLAB from your Web Browser