This document details the steps to installing the Sonic Wall NetExtender for VPN access to campus systems from off-campus or over a wireless network on-campus. Some systems, such as Banner and the sdrive, require this VPN connection. In addition to installing this software, a user must also be authorized by either a system adminstrator or a network administrator to connect via VPN.
- Open site: https://fitsa.fit.edu (Note that Mac users must do this in Safari. )
- Login with Tracks username and password.
Note that these directions are for PCs running Windows. For Mac users, please Click Here.
- Select the Blue N icon to begin installing NetExtender. It will ask for you permission to install the add-on in FireFox so allow it.
- After installing the add-on, it will ask you to restart the browser. Click on the restart button.
- Select the Blue N icon again. A new window should pop up along with another one asking you permission to install the driver.
- Select install this driver software anyway.
- Once complete, a notification in the bottom right corner of the screen should appear showing the computer is connected in NetExtender.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Blue N icon. Two windows should appear after clicking on the icon.
- Please click on the Allow button to continue the installation process.
- Once that is completed, a new window should pop up saying you are logged into NetExtender.
The user should be able to access FIT site services such as Banner.Tags: banner, sdrive, software, vpn